National Pet Month aims to highlight the importance of responsible pet care and this year they’re focusing on a topic very dear to us: pets and the elderly. We know just how important the bond is between an owner and their pet and always do our best to make sure you and your pets get the opportunity to grow old gracefully together!
Here are the National Pet Month’s top ten tips for responsible pet ownership to ensure your pet lives a long, healthy life:
1. Think carefully before getting a pet and learn about their special requirements.
2. Ensure your pet is sociable and well trained.
3. Provide a nutritious and well balanced diet.
4. Provide suitable housing and bedding.
5. Clean up after your pet and worm it regularly.
6. Protect against disease. Your vet can provide you with advice.
7. Prevent unwanted litters and neuter your pet when appropriate.
8. Groom your pet regularly.
9. Control your pet and ensure they are properly identified.
10. Take out pet insurance for dogs, cats, rabbits and horses to cover against unexpected veterinary fees and third party liability.
For more information about National Pet Month, please visit our blog. If you have a question about pet care or are thinking about getting a new pet then give your local Medivet a call for expert help and advice. Find your nearest branch by using ourTo find your local Medivet practice click here.