Remember, we have 24-hour vets open on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. In fact, they are open 365 days a year.
Should your pet need emergency veterinary care during this time, simply call your local practice and you will be directed to your nearest out-of-hours provider. At Medivet, you will always have access to high-quality vet care, regardless of the day or time.
If you would prefer to call our 24-hour centres directly, then please use the numbers below.
If you are worried your pet might have been poisoned, contact us immediately!
What can you do to help?
- Stay calm
- Retain any remnants of the product/packet – if possible – of the suspected poison. This can help the vet find the correct treatment
- If your pet has a chemical on their skin, wash it off with lukewarm water and mild detergent, such as shampoo or washing-up liquid. Be careful not to get the detergent into your pet's eyes. Thoroughly dry your pet so they do not get cold
- DO NOT attempt to make your pet vomit
- DO NOT attempt to 'watch and wait'; time is of the essence in poisoning cases
- DO NOT attempt to self-medicate your pets; many human medications are extremely toxic to animals, like paracetamol
Still unsure if your pet needs to see a vet? Use our online symptom checker.